Thursday, December 16, 2010

Queen of My Life



Loving Care


Queen of hearts Mommy dear
Aren’t you lighting my life?
Smile a little, massage my pride
I’m all alone

Baby Jane trying my utmost
To be a Mom, to endure, restraint and refrain

But Mommy dear
A little baby me all alone, all forlorn
craving imploring
Extend to me,the sun, the moon, the high seas

I’m a little baby me
It’s for the whole world to see
Christmas around the corner
Satisfaction is my plea


Inspired by willow's Magpie#45

12 comments:

Kathe W. said...

well done...

Helen said...

Just perfect for holiday gift giving time .....

norzah said...

You really brought out the innocence of the child and the sanctity of motherhood, Brother Hank. Love the work.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

But Mommy dear
A little baby me all alone, all forlorn
craving imploring
Extend to me,the sun, the moon, the high seas

love the images your words evoke, well done.

kaykuala said...

kathew, Helen and Kristen
thanks and Merry Chrismas

Norzah, thanks,

Jingle, thanks

Tess Kincaid said...

Wonderful layers of maternal love here.

Amanda Moore said...

very sweet indeed it makes remember why I love being a mom!

R. Burnett Baker said...

You've perfectly captured the expression on the child's face. And on the face off every mother-child relationship.

Rick

Al-Manar said...

My standard reaction is that I stand by, perplexed.

Tumblewords: said...

Delightful read! It has a musical quality - nice to sing.

Reflections said...

Beautiful holiday share... lovely. Merry Christmas.

Suz said...

Merry Christmas
a good magpie tale